Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Jay-Z

So this is out of my usual foray, but I still wanted to talk about it.

Jay-Z's first single for his new record was titled "D.O.A (Death of Auto-Tune) which included the following lyrics:
"Your colors too bright, your voice too light"

D.O.A (Death of Auto-Tune) Video

Now, I'm not a huge rap fan, but I respect Jay-Z. He raps some of my favorite rap songs. I agree with him about this auto-tune phase. I can't even bear to listen to half the stuff that gets played on the radio. Now let's play a guessing game:
Who recently made an album done entirely using auto-tune?
Which rapper is known for his bold fashion statements, usually involving bright colors?
Which rapper has a fairly light voice when compared to someone like Jay-Z?

The answer to all three is...Kanye West!!

Now I don't know if Kanye made any type of response to Jay-Z's song. I'll have to look into that.

I'm bringing this all up because I just watched the video for Jay-z next single titled "Run this Town." This song features Rihanna and...wait for it...
Kanye West!!!

Run This Town Video

Doesn't this seem a little weird?!
It could all boil down to the fact that Kanye sells records and Jay-Z wants to sell records.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment